Join NDIA's Emerging Technologies Institute (ETI) for the third of a four-part series titled "Enabling the Joint Warfight", covering the Joint Warfighting Concept Strategic Directives.
The Joint Chiefs of Staff have embraced the revision of the Joint Warfighting Concept through the adoption of the first 4 Strategic Directives. The strategic directives, intended to serve as requirements frameworks around which new operational concepts for modern, distributed, information-based warfare can be developed, are:
- Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2)
- Joint Fires
- Contested Logistics
- Information Advantage
This workshop in the series will offer a deep dive into Contested Logistics, and seek to answer the following:
- What is contested logistics trying to achieve, and how will this be different than the capabilities that exist today?
- What are the critical tasks that cannot be addressed by current technology?
- What technical or engineering efforts are underway to address the shortfalls?
- For those efforts that will require either engineering or technology development, how long will the maturation take, and what are the potential risks to full achievement?